From prevention and intervention to enforcement and rehabilitation, New Orleans is fighting back to protect our families and make every person in our city feel safe.
The pillars of NOLA for Life are really simple:
Stop the Shootings
We're focused like a laser on the small percentage of young men who are killing and being killed. Our message to them: Stop the Shootings.
- CeaseFire New Orleans
- Group Violence Reduction Strategy
- Multi-Agency Gang Unit
- Project Safe Neighborhoods
Invest in Prevention
We cannot arrest our way out of this problem. NOLA FOR LIFE puts a heavy emphasis on helping our young people and families succeed.
- Midnight Basketball Learn more »
- Supporting Schools in Implementing Trauma-Informed Approaches
- Expanding the Use of Restorative Approaches in Schools
- Family Violence Prevention Strategy
- National Forum on Youth Violence Prevention
- NOLA FOR LIFE Fund
- NOLA FOR LIFE Services Collaborative
- NOLA FOR LIFE Services Collaborative Pilot Project
- NOLA FOR LIFE Mentoring
- Building Character in NORDC Summer Camps
- Engaging Fathers
- Connecting Students To Supports
- Making Connections to Improve Health and Well-Being
- Behavioral Interventions at the Youth Study Center
- Youth Engagement Strategy
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- NOLA FOR LIFE Resources Mobile Website
Promote Jobs & Opportunity
Neighborhoods that experience the highest levels of violence also experience high levels of poverty and unemployment. Training and better access to good jobs provides a path away from violence and toward opportunity. That is why Mayor Landrieu has created a strategy to address Economic Opportunity, which connects disadvantaged job seekers and businesses to new opportunities.
- NOLA Youth Works Summer Jobs Program
- NOLA FOR LIFE Reentry Strategy (RISE - Reintegration Services) Learn more »
Get Involved & Rebuild Neighborhoods
To make New Orleans safe, everyone needs to get involved to rebuild our neighborhoods. We need everyone to have skin in the game.
- Fight the Blight Learn more »
- Collective Efficacy
- Quality of Life Stat
- NOPD Community Policing
- Public Awareness Campaign
- NOLA FOR LIFE Days
Strengthen the NOPD
Strong police work combined with help from the community prevents violence in our neighborhoods and quickly holds those who commit violence accountable.
- Enhancing Relationships Between Youth and Law Enforcement
- NOPD Leadership Training
- Proactive Hot Spot Policing
- Improve Community Trust With The Use Of Procedural Justice